Roll Call is Maryland’s only non-partisan report card on how Maryland’s General Assembly voted on issues important to creating jobs in Maryland. Holding elected officials accountable for Maryland’s economic development climate, MBRG has been publishing Roll Call for over a quarter of a century. Votes included in Roll Call are selected by a non-partisan State Advisory Council, representing a broad spectrum of industries essential to a robust economy. The issues selected to be included are those that are fundamental to job creation and promoting a healthy business climate in Maryland.
Throughout the year, MBRG’s State Advisory Council selects recorded votes from the most recent General Assembly session that have practical or philosophical importance to the widest possible range of Maryland businesses, trade associations, and chambers of commerce.
Below is a geographic mapping of the results. Zoom into a district and click on the label to see voting details.
John Shaw Award
Every four years, we applaud those with an exemplary track record by distributing the prestigious John Shaw Award. The award is named for John Shaw, an exemplary citizen and legislator who served his country more than 200 years ago when Annapolis was the nation’s capital. He is best known for creating a distinctive American flag with an eight-pointed star, which is the inspiration for the lapel pins awarded to the honorees.
Roll Call Issues
- 2017 Roll Call – Extreme Government: What it does not Mandate, it Bans
- 2016 Roll Call – Further Diminishing Maryland’s Brand
- 2015 Roll Call – Giving Credit Where Credit is Due
- 2014 Roll Call – What Is Maryland’s True Business Climate?
- 2013 Roll Call – Redefining ‘”Business” in Maryland
- 2012 Roll Call – Finding the Point Between Austerity and Taxation
- 2011 Roll Call – MBRG Issues an ‘All Hands on Deck’ to Maryland Business
- 2010 Roll Call – When Will We Understand?
- 2009 Roll Call – Two Marylands, The Preakness Bill – Unprecedented in a Quarter Century
- 2008 Roll Call – Taxpayers Reel as States Meet Accounting Real Time
- 2007 Roll Call – Calm before the Perfect Storm
- 2006 Roll Call – Main Street Meets Wall Street
- 2005 Roll Call – “Who’s Gonna Fill Their Shoes?”
- 2004 Roll Call – Patty Hearst, Backstops and the Golden Hour
- 2003 Roll Call – Spend and Tax
- 2002 Roll Call – Mortgaging Maryland’s Future
Request your print copies of Roll Call here.